I am a cookie addict with over 40 fillings in my mouth to show my love for these yummy little guys. (Not joking.) Lately I have been getting into vegan baking and thought I would share with you nerds my favourite cookie recipe. These cookies are the easiest cookies you will ever make because all you do is mix the ingredients with your hands and put them on a tray. So if your in the middle of a gripping Beverly Hills 90210 episode with the beautiful Steve Sanders playing volley ball and you get a cookie craving, 10 minutes later you'll have cookies in the oven.
2 1/4 cup plain flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
1 tablespoon pumpkin spice (Or 1teaspoon each of cinnamon and ginger)
1/4 cup golden syrup
3/4 cup vegan margarine
1 tablespoon tap water
1 cup vegan choc chips (Or cut up some vegan chocolate for mega chunky choc chips)
How do we make these cookies of awesomeness?
1. Turn on your oven and preheat to 180degrees.
2. Line your cookie tray with baking paper so your little cookies don't get stuck
3. Put everything on the list into a bowl
4. Make sure your hands are clean and combine together until a dough is formed. If it's too dry add a little water, if it's too wet, add a little flour.
5. Make little balls around 1 tablespoon in size and then flatten to around 1cm thick. Place cookies onto cookie tray.
6. Bake cookies at 180degrees for 15 minutes until light brown.
7. Leave to cool on tray for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack
8. Eat the entire tray of cookies while watching Beverly Hills 90210 reruns.
Don't blame me if you get addicted to these cookies. You have been warned. Please let me know if you enjoyed this vegan baking adventure. I haven't really posted many recipes before and wonder if it's something you'd all enjoy.